Translate

Friday, September 25, 2015

My Son: VonRoss' YouTube Channel Cybersecurity No No

Carnegie Mellon University Website Image of Trey at the Carnegie Cyber Academy
Carnegie Mellon University Website Image of Trey at the Carnegie Cyber Academy


Found out his new siblings are introducing him to the world of video and not too happy since the way it is done can be dangerous.

So I must now put that on lock in a more private way.

I told him let me set up his channel then to show him how to only invite certain groups to watch he knows. Told him it was unsafe to just be posting video from home and putting identifying landmarks.
One reason not into having kids with this one, that one and so much the reason I was mad with break-up. Not for the disrespect or lack of proper communication, but the things that creep in when you are not the only one taking care of child when not with you. So much to deal with and not too happy with much that has to be nipped about videos without privacy very restrictive.


Thankful much else is kosher but these videos are a bit much for me since he knew better to wait as told. His father is a great provider and affords my son stability much needed. Just disappointed in my son for not waiting for mommy to set up his channel. 

I guess the apple does not fall far from the tree and I am glad the way he handled my reprimand of the act. We will take care of the privacy on his YouTube channel so only those who are given the link can see them till a bit older and pragmatic behavior on safety is learned with observed acted out. Just a concerned "Techie Mommy" who wants her "Techie Son" to learn proper online security measures. #TechieMom #TechieMommy #Cybersecurity #ChildrenAndCybersecurity

Resources Online for Children Cyber-Security:

Cybersecurity For Kids Tips - Homeland Security

The Carnegie Cyber Academy - About the Academy

StaySafeOnline.org - Teach Online Safety (Grades K - 2 since VonRoss is in 1st Grade, more age appropriate information on website)





No comments:

Post a Comment